Thursday, January 29, 2015

Will my house ever be clean again?



 
So, here is the deal.  If you were to walk in to my house at any given point in the day – you will encounter what I like to call “organized chaos.”  You all know what I mean! I have always been the type of person that everything has a place and everything should be in its place – as an example in college I was often ridiculed for my post it notes being in an exact pile and then being organized my color.  So I am that type of person.  What I have learned as a mom is that “type A” personality goes out the window quickly.  I will admit if there are only a few things to pick up, the need to pick it up will kick in and I must pick them up immediately.  Here is the interesting part, if there are A LOT of things out of place I just give up and give in to the chaos.  Anyone else relate to that?!
 
At any given time these are some of the things you will encounter in my home:

1)      Large plastic bowls strategically located in the middle of the floor or two toddlers running around the house with bowls on their heads.

2)      Clothes strewn about the floor- the question will be if the clothes are clean or dirty.  To find out this answer, take note of the nearest laundry basket.  If there is also a laundry basket on the floor, the clothes are clean and the kids have decided to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse from inside the laundry basket. 

3)      At least one, if not several, discarded wet diapers.  That being said, I am not a dirty person, but sometimes the trash or diaper pail are farther away than I can get at the moment so the diaper will remain on the table, mantle, or shelf until I can throw it away.  I do have (clean) diapers and wipes stashed all over the house so I can change them just about anywhere. 

4)      One or more sippy cups dripping on to the floor.  (Sidenote: Is there a cup out there that does not leak? This is driving me crazy!)

5)      Toilet paper left in a pile next to or on the back of the toilet.  You should know that this toilet paper is clean and can be used – the joy and giggles involved with unrolling a whole roll of toilet paper is just too cute to stop. 

6)      A multitude of Little People animals and cars on the floor, couch, and book shelf depending on where they were dropped when a new and shiny object was encountered  

7) If we are being honest here, you might also find a toddler on the floor.  Apparently the "terrible twos" start at 1.5 and mommy is already well in to her practice of ignoring tantrums.  In the next few weeks, you will also find a "Super Nanny Time Out" rug on the floor. 

Now you know – enter at your own risk. :)

Playing restaurant with mommy.... Landon loved his plastic muffin.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment