Thursday, January 8, 2015

A day in my life.



and this is what I feel like at the end of the day...

I know that you have all been in desperate anticipation of my next update, so here it is! I thought I would begin with a glimpse into my every day routine now that I stay at home with the kiddos.  Grab on to the edge of your seat because it is riveting. ;) 

6:30/6:45a: They wake up. Now, this part of the routine is kind of unknown to me as I have had the luxury as of late of sleeping until 7:30ish.  The Hubby has allowed me this gift as I am working second shift and not going to sleep until 1am.  It is not a deep sleep for that 45 minutes as they are running around the house, but it is rest.  When they wake up, they are changed and then go straight to breakfast – typically pancakes, waffles, or French toast sticks.  

7:30a: Mommy wakes up, or is woken up as is usually the case.  Mommy has coffee and breakfast – which is shared by all – while we watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Following Mickey Mouse we get dressed, run around the house away from the clothes, pack snacks and drinks, and head to the gym. 

9:00a: Gym time (on a “good day” we are out the door at 9, most days it is closer to 9:15).  Landon and Riley have grown accustomed to the gym and love being able to play with all the toys in the child care area.  They are a hit at the gym also as the “Silver Sneakers” have recently started attending and Landon is a charmer for all the potential grandmas. 

10:30a: We get back home.  They usually have had a snack in the car on the way home in an effort to keep them awake. Once home, they run around the house destroying everything in their path while we listen to music.  I may start a load of laundry, but most of the time I just play with them or we dance around the house making a mess.  

11:45a: Lunch time! I plan all of the lunches and dinners out on Sundays so I don’t have to put any thought to it during the week.  They usually watch TV while they eat as I have found that they eat better.  While they are “trapped” in their highchairs I run around the house picking things up, cleaning the kitchen, and whatever else I can cram into 20 minutes.  After lunch, they have a short play time, diaper change, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  They are “trained” to take a nap after the final dance of the show and even will start to walk towards their room. 

12:30-2:30p: Nap Time! I usually use this time to get some of the “deep cleaning” done around the house.  There is a rare occasion that I will just watch Hulu during this time and there is the even rarer nap. It amazes me daily how much they can destroy the house on a daily basis and how much time I spend picking it all up.  Now, nap time does not always last this long, but this is the perfect world scenario here.  

2:45p: Snack time.  I am trying to get them to eat like “big people” at their table or using real silverware so we practice that at snack time. 

3:00-5:30p: Free play time.  I try and make it a point to play with them as much as possible during this time.  We usually move down to the basement play area.  After the first of the year, we moved most of their toys downstairs and “took back” our living room.  My goal is to add some “school” during this time.  I am still looking into the programs that are out there to decide what I want to use.  

5:30p: Dinner.  Again, I make the menu on Sunday so there does not have to be a lot of thought.  After dinner, we have some more play time with daddy.  Bath time follows at about 6:30p.  They are in bed at 7p.  We read them a book, turn out the lights and sound machine, and shut the door.  They are usually asleep by 7:30 and sleep through the night.  

So, this is a typical day.  There are days where we may go out to the library, or the play place at the mall, or run errands instead of going to the gym. If the weather is nice, we go for walks outside as they love riding in their wagons and cars.  This is also skipping all the minor details such as me being followed to the bathroom, them dumping the laundry on the floor, the fights I break up over toys, the tears I wipe, the far too often bloody lips I clean up,  and the MANY times a day I have to pick up a crying toddler.  It also does not account for the hugs, the kisses, the laughs, the giggles, and the hours of pure joy I feel during my day. 

2 comments:

  1. I was riveted the whole way through! They are such cuties, and growing into actual little people now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so generous with your enthusiasm! ha ha. They are growing into little people, I am reminded of it daily when I see their faces and watch them do things like sitting on the couch, feeding themselves, and brushing their teeth!

    ReplyDelete